Though I'm now in Germany, I wanted to sum up the California/road trip around the US. Give a few stats.
Newport to Nantucket.
Left the ranch on 14 March and returned to Wheatland 28 June.
10,905 miles. Odometer started at 163,400, ended at 174,305.
Someone in Maryland won the license plate game because of my car, probably.
Lost my cigarette lighter on 3 June = lost the ability to broadcast my ipod to the radio.
500,000 sunflower seeds (maybe I'm exagerating).
Average MPH: 60. Except when Mick was driving: 72.
One dent in the fender/blinker fatality at Hotel del Cornado, San Diego.
Cost to fix fender: 25% value of the car. The dent says.
0 miles. 14 March, Chugwater, WY
1,000. 15 March, Valle, AZ
2,000. 23 March, Santa Barbara, CA, to visit the Stevensons
3,000. 18 April, Yale and Walnut, Irvine, CA, driving back from a day of childcare. Ugh.
4,000. 3 May, east of Grand Junction, CO, after fire
5,000. 22 May, Omaha, NE, leaving Ali's house
6,000. 30 May, Rochester, MN, arriving to visit the Haacks
7,000. 3 June, east of Cleveland, OH
8,000. 8 June, CT/NY border
9,000. 23 June, Washington, D.C., Mick & I arrive to Abby
10,000. 27 June, Galesburg, IL
Thursday, July 6, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment