Monday, April 30, 2012

Fractal table

In my perusing of the internet, I came across a fractal table, whose design is made possible with the advent of computers.  Students of my junior high and high school will remember our math teacher teaching us about fractals.  It is a phenomenon(?) best visually demonstrated in a tree, branches that keep dividing and dividing.  A physical representation of splitting in half over and over to infinity has obvious limits, but I thought the table was both brilliant and beautiful.

Then at the Victoria & Albert Museum in London, there one was!  










It says in part:  "Although expensive at the moment, this type of manufacturing will become both common and cheap in the future."

On another note, yesterday was Tom and my six-month anniversary.  About which he said, that's not very impressive.  No, it's not very impressive considering two of my sets of grandparents will celebrate their 60th anniversaries this year.  But I'm still proud of us.  We've put on quite a few miles already.  

4 comments:

Dan and Lynn said...

Happy 6 months... especially since you have lived out of a suitcase for all of that time and are still speaking. Quite an accomplishment! Hope it was happy!

Anduin said...

I love fractals, and I love this table. What a cool concept.

Also, I echo what Lynn said.

Katie said...

I'm proud of you too. I support all marriage anniversary milestones of my friends, regardless of how small. LOVE the table - I can see end-table size ones fitting perfectly in my house...

Devi said...

There is no such thing as a small anniversary when it comes to marriage - happy six months :).