Friday, January 30, 2009

Birth day

I had my first Kabul birthday; here is a brief narrative:
  • Pesto omelet from Fay for breakfast. 
  • Language class where I'd made a load of Snickers cookies like Joy Ellis' recipe. They weren't as special as Joy's, but still well received. 
  • Lunch of street food and banoffee pie, also by Fay. Banoffee pie is graham cracker crust, sweetened condensed milk boiled for two hours in the can and poured on the crust to a toffee effect, sliced bananas, and whipped cream. 
  • English lessons with some ladies who have a ESL placement test tomorrow.
  • Checked for packages.
  • Meeting with one of our directors.
  • Dinner with ten friends at the only Mexican restaurant in the city. A big hit, I think. Fay graciously entertained us by pronouncing "quesadilla," "tortilla," and "jalepeno" the way they're spelled in English. 
  • Skype call with my parents where they could hear me, but I couldn't hear them, so they chatted me the questions and I talked.
  • On Thursday, a joint birthday party with guys who turned 1 and 33 on the 28th & 29th.
  • A lot of nice emails and facebook messages. Thanks, friends.
  • 3 comments:

    Leah said...

    i heart you friend. i really am glad you were born. i am also glad you were well-celebrated over there. i like fay.

    Manny Kay said...

    yes, i like fay as well. too bad we can't all hang together. hugs.

    Anonymous said...

    I am jealous of Fay. Sometimes I wish I was her.
    XO
    LLR