Saturday, January 17, 2009

Pishak* Attack

*cat in Dari

I've contained myself long enough.

This post is devoted entirely to the subject of my 1/2 cat. I'm not even going to try and edit the pictures to something tasteful and spare.

Meet Percy Fang K-M (a girl cat; I don't know, Abby, if people normally name girls "Percy." The Weasleys didn't.) She came from the Afghan momma cat of a Dutch family, given reluctantly and still inquired after by their young teenage daughter.

I share Perc in a 50/50 split with Fay. We buy her real catfood, quietly disagree about feeding her bread, had her spayed one month ago, and our home life revolves around keeping her out of the kitchen. She's a nice little companion, though there are strong Jekyll and Hyde elements to her personality. Fortunately she has a pleasant-sounding bell so you know if she's about to jump on your head. When it comes time for the big April move, one of us plans to take her with us.

Fay's lap (Fay's picture)

We ♥ MacBook Photo Booth

Clearly a descendant of the Leopard Cat

My, what fine camouflage you have
The better to hunt you with

Sinister and seedy
Good-for-nothing, grim and greedy


Whatever you do, don't feel sorry for her

5 comments:

megarber said...

She looks terrific! And sufficiently interesting to keep you on your toes a bit. I'm glad you have her, but I hope the decision about where she goes next is not too jarring for one of you. About dreads...Eden had them for a while. They were interesting and even looked nice at times, but contrary to popular opinion--it was tons of work to keep them sufficiently dreaded and natty. Happy New Year, Hannah! You continue in our hearts and prayers. Have you seen Stacia yet?

Dan and Lynn said...

She doesn't look like any Purrs Scardy Cat!!! yikes... is she a squeeze toy or a cat? Sully came to see what the noise was when I played the video.... need I say more?!?!

abby said...

Let's hear it for the cat lady!

She does look rather soft, though I am glad not to deal with the tree business.

We have skipped the church service and are now just going to the coffee shop to visit with our friends about the sermon. Cheating? I think so.

Anonymous said...

This post was overdue. It's nice to finally meet Percy.

The Frugal Muse said...

It was fun to see you and hear your voice for a minute when you were chatting with Laura in Arkansas a couple weeks ago. I love your adventurous life!!

Cherissa