Somehow two sweet (expat) girls ages seven and 10 have gravitated towards Fay and I with the question, "Do you have to comb your hair?"
We don't and we don't.
But we always say something about the merit of it, how important it is, how when they're adults they can decide.
This morning when I woke up, I felt the beginnings of a dreadlock. I untangled it, dreads not being a comely look among the Afghans. But I laugh to imagine my mother or grandma reading this and putting a hairbrush in the mail today.
Wednesday, January 14, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I don't comb or brush my curly locks either, and I am always gently picking out dreadlocks, especially in the back. I've thought about going for that look, but I just don't think I'm ballsy enough.
I haven't brushed my hair in years. I don't even own a hairbrush.
Oh, this made my Monday! Love it. What is your address by the way?
-mm
i brush my hair about once a week, but lately i've been getting dreads and they're so painful to untangle that i'm thinking i may need to brush more. sad day for my curls.
Post a Comment