Last week, I had the chance to visit friends the Garbers in Virginia. I managed to get in on a coffeehouse show, an exhibit of exquisite treasures from Afghanistan at the National Gallery, and a dinner party. From there back to Ashley and Lucas' for sushi night before flying to Minneapolis/St. Paul to visit my Westerman family.
It happened to be the weekend cousin Laura and her fiance Lorenzo were in from San Diego for engagement parties. I got to see everyone at the family gathering. Other than that, it was the retired life with Nannie & Pawpa - sleeping in, reading, watching the Twins, eating brats.
On an overnite Amtrak ride, I was reminded of the freezing coach car travel principle, paper insulates, before arriving to Grand Forks, N.D. to stay with my cousin Anduin and her husband Ryan. So here we are. Anduin and I picked six pints of raspberries yesterday and made a necessary trip to the commissary for wasabi peas. I'll be here for a month or two.
3 comments:
I'm happy you're in the states and, of course, with your wasabi peas! xoxo
Mmmm. Fresh raspberries. Hope you are having a fine time in North Dakota! Picked up the accent yet?
Hannah,
Two words: Make. Jam.
Post a Comment